The importance of a good skincare relies on your routine and with the products that you are using to enhance the turgidity and elasticity. This means that your experiences will lead to a graceful aging. Comparing to a babies skin, it is smoother, softer and wrinkle free but as the time goes by, exposure to harsh elements makes the skin prone to dryness and damage. As individuals age, the body is more susceptible to anything that can affect its function.
When it comes to health care, of course, you will need medical advice from a dermatologist especially if you have a very sensitive skin. It is best to know which type of product is right for your body and the amount of product that you will be using. Although there are variations of over the counter products, it is still not safe to say that you can directly use it instantly. It is good to know what dermatologists have to think and say about certain products so you would know which ones should be avoided.
There are different remedies of self-care products that you can use, and this depends as to how tolerable your skin can take any chemicals that are lathered on your body. Nowadays, the endorsement of naturally made products has been a trend, and most people are taking advantage. Same goes with choosing for products that are chemically made. Moreover, you will need to have all these checks such as looking at the label for every product, to ensure that you know the ingredients and to assess whether you are allergic or not. To know more about the products, it is important that you know which ones are recommended by your dermatologist.
7 Types of Products that Dermatologists Avoid:
- With physical exfoliation – often the use of facial and body scrubs can be harmful to those types of skin that are easily irritated. This means that, before you opt to use any product, make sure that you check first the background of a certain product. Aside from irritation, dryness is another factor that you should also consider to avoid. Not unless you have a kind of skin that produces moisture all the time, drying of the body is not that damaging. If you have conditions and you happened to be exfoliating, it is best to avoid such products. There are ways for you to manipulate drying and irritation by gently using gentle scrubs and smaller beads like jojoba. It also has a hydrating effect so rest assured that you will be moisturized after you have exfoliate.
- With shampoo – knowing that most shampoos are made out of chemicals that can either irritate the scalp or further damage the quality of your hair. A dermatologist would most likely use and suggest a kind of shampoo that is silicone base. Most silicone base ingredients end with “cone” such as Dimethicone. If you want to ensure that you are using a safe shampoo for your scalp and hair, seek a dermatologist. Shampoos do contain a surfactant which aides in the removal of dirt and oil to cleanse your scalp and hair.
- With mineral oils – this is another product that is not recommendable for daily usage especially ifyou are more exposed to dirt and if you have an oily skin. Dermatologists would most likely recommend another remedy that you can use because mineral oils canproduce black heads, milia, acneiform eruptions and other skin undesirable forms of blemishes. There are many people who are generously using this product and has no idea the effects of using mineral oils with other products such as make up and creams. So, if you want something that you can benefit from and has the same effect as a mineral oil, pick up cleansers and mineral-oil free products. Make sure to read the label first.
- The use of regular soaps – nowadays, regular soaps are rarely endorsed because there are other innovative soap products that you can use as part of your daily routine. Harsh soaps are not advisable because it can leave the skin very dry and often irritating to the most sensitive skin. This makes your skin prone to breakage and the loss of natural moisture. Choose a kind of soap that is fragrant free, hypoallergenic and even replenish your body as it adds more nutrients.
- With alcohol – using products that have alcohol may not be suitable for you. Regardless of the ingredients that the brand has claimed, it is still safe to say that you will need to at least use products that are less chemically manufactured or rich in alcohol content. Examples of these are skin tones, peelers and astringent. These can be harmful to your body and may even further damage.
- Hair cream removals – unless you are professional in using such products, you will be able to benefit the use of hair removals. A dermatologist would recommend a more advanced technology such as laser if you want hairs and other flaws that you want to be removed.
- With fragrance – for people with sensitive skin, the use of products that are very fragrant is not recommended as this can cause allergy and irritation to the body. Be cautious as to the products that you are using to avoid any breakouts.
Skin care products that are avoided by most Dermatologist means that you should take their advice. This is important because your body is delicate and it needs to be taken care of. Choose the kind of products that you’d like to use so that you can have better skin, and the improvement of its integrity is essential. As there are so many variations of healthy products, make sure that it tailor fits your needs.
And, if you are interested in safe products that can make your skin look better, then check over here.