Ladies of all ages are continually on the lookout for reliable beauty secrets that won’t cost a king’s ransom. As happy coincidence would have it, there are actually quite a few affordable beauty tips circulating on the Internet today. All you really need to do is track them down and sift through them. But who has time for that? Well, despair not our fellow seekers of discount pulchritude. We’ve done the heavy lifting for you and compiled a list of 10 can’t miss affordable beauty tips that will have you singing the praises of everything from honey to baking soda to Visine.
10 Simple Beauty Tips That Will Save You Money
It takes a lot of work to look good all the time. And most of the time it can take a large financial investment as well. Most of the time, not all of the time. You see there are a number of beauty tips that have been known to women for centuries. They existed long before the advent of brand-name cosmetics, and they’ve survived to the present day because they work. The below list combines many of those time-tested secrets along with a smattering of affordable beauty tips whose origins lie in the present day. Let’s get started.
- Vaseline oh Vaseline – Vaseline is the duct tape of the cosmetics world if you’ll pardon a rather crude comparison. It’s one of the most versatile beauty products available and can be used for everything from moisturizing the lips to removing eye makeup to saving your dry skin. It’s cheap, readily available and travels easy.
- I Love you Honey – Women have used honey as a beauty aid for centuries by mixing it with their bath water, using it as a hair conditioner and even as a facial mask. Honey is loaded with antibacterial properties and is also an excellent antioxidant.
- Use moisturizer on unruly hair – If your hair has decided it would rather fly away than stay put rub a bit of moisturizer between your hands and then run your hands over your unruly hair. It will heal quickly and effectively, and your hands will feel like butter!
- Speaking of hair – Here’s a contemporary beauty on a budget hack that’s surprisingly effective. If you’re in a hurry and want to get the odor of last nights’ dive bar out of your hair, run a fabric softener sheet over your mane and restore it to springtime freshness. Now about that dive bar…
- Visine: it gets the blemishes out – Visine is a great way to give your eyes a fresh, wide awake look but it can also be effective in taming unsightly blemishes. Simply put a drop on the tip of your finger and rub it into the blemish. Just make sure your finger is squeaky clean.
- Versatility thy name is baking soda – Baking soda is one of those affordable beauty tips that demand attention and respect. When you’re finished using it to make Christmas cookies, you can turn inward and use it as a foot powder to reduce odors, as a facial cleanser/exfoliant, as a teeth whitener, and as a clarifying shampoo. Who knew?
- Lemon aid – If your nails have become stained by using dark nail polishes fear not, you can banish the dark with ease by slicing a lemon in two and sticking your nails into the halves for 5 minutes. Models use this one all the time.
- That crucial first impression made easy – You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and if you put just a bit of your perfume on each wrist, you’ll be leading with your best. It’s a great way to leave a subtle, lingering impression.
- Water, water – Perhaps the most important affordable beauty secret of all is still the one that’s easiest to do. Drink water. There is simply no substitute for being properly hydrated. If you’re not your skin will suffer in ways that will be impossible to undo later on in life.
- Parting of the ways – Say you want to adopt a new look for your hair but you don’t have $100 to drop at the salon at the moment. Simply part it differently. It’s actually quite amazing how changing your part from one side to the other or from the center to the side will affect how you look. Try it.
High-quality brand-name products today can be frightfully expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to give up on the idea of looking good if resources are tight. Any of the above methods and affordable beauty tips will help you stay looking great even when the bottles are running low, and it will be a while before you can replenish your stock of A-list cosmetics.
Bonus Speed Round
Because you can never have enough beauty on a budget, tips here are eight more that should hold you in good stead until you can get back to the cosmetics department:
- If your white nail polish gets chipped use white-out to patch it up.
- If you’re out of makeup remover, but you have some Baby Shampoo you can use it instead.
- Some companies will give you free stuff if you recycle your old makeup containers.
- Always look for those buy 1 get 1 free shampoo deals.
- Cinnamon oil can be used to obtain plumper lips.
- Touch up your roots instead of springing for a complete coloring.
- If you’re almost out of perfume, mix it with an unscented body wash to extend it.
- Don’t use more of anything than you need.
That last one may be one of the most important beauty tips in this article because you know and we know that when the bottle or package is new we tend to use way more than is necessary and when things are getting low we’re always able to get by using less. So always use your beauty products as though the bottle or case was nearly empty. You’ll save a boatload of money in the long run.